"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Back to Texas...for a GOOD reason!

Well...we packed up the girls and headed back to Texas for the third time in 2 months and it was well worth it!  Chris' 6 year old godson Gage was diagnosed with leukemia 2 years ago.  2 years ago today Gage wasn't feeling well and was unexplainably tired.  On their way out of town, the Holmes' family stopped by the pediatrician's office for a quick check-up.  Late that night, the doctor called and said he was coming over and needed to talk.  Blake and Rebecca would hear their little one had cancer.  Since then, it has been a more than challenging journey of treatments, visits to Children's Medical, illness, reactions to steroids and chemo.  Gage even lost his hair but handled it like a champ!  
Blake and Rebecca's faith in our Heavenly Father is astounding.  They have handled this with such grace!  Rebecca truly is superwoman...she takes exceptional care of Gage and their other 3 children as a stay-at-home mom.  She truly is a Proverbs 31 woman and the LORD is pleased with her!

This past Saturday was the 2nd annual Sammy's BBQ fundraiser for families at Children's Medical center in Dallas hosted by the Holmes' family.  In the past 2 years, the Holmes' family and friends have raised over $175,000!  Praise God!  We had a wonderful time seeing Gage run around.  Blake was telling me this was a good week for Gage and he is feeling well.  By this time next year Gage's doctors have said the cancer should be in remission.  Gage, we are believing the Lord for His healing and complete restoration over your precious body in the name of JESUS!

Psalm 62:2 He ALONE is my rock and my salvation; HE is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

I was only able to grab a few pictures of the girls at our table!  It was a busy night and we had our hands full, especially once the girls' bedtimes came and went!  They are troopers for sure!

Sophie was eyeing my plate and each bite I took!  Sweet girl!

Emma had 2 brownies after her dinner...how can you say 'no' to those big blue eyes?

We love you Gage and we will never stop praying for you!


1 comment:

  1. Your girls are dolls! I cannot believe how big Sophie is getting!

    ReplyDelete