"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bitter Sweet

Today was bitter sweet for me as a mommy...
Here is Emma's first day of Mother's Day Out one year ago. I absolutely love this picture of her because it completely shows her tenderness, her sweetness, and her delicate heart.
Today I picked her up from MDO and when I walked in, she was walking behind 2 other girls who were each pushing a stroller. Emma was quietly following and saying, "My turn? Emma's turn...pease (please)?" and with that, the 2 other girls took off running. Emma tried to keep up but couldn't. She began softly crying and saying "Emma's turn, Emma's turn." I walked towards her and she came to me crying and hugged me. I promised her she is special, precious in HIS sight...and that we would go get a lemonade from Sonic. It was my first taste of "I can't always keep her safe, protected, and unharmed"...bitter. We sang songs on our way to Sonic, enjoyed our tasty treats, and went home. The same day my sweet friend Allison sent me a card with Psalm 5:11-12...
"Let all who take refuge in You be glad,
Let them ever sing for JOY;
And may You shelter them,
That those who love Your name may exult in You!
For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O Lord,
You surround him with favor as with a shield."
The Lord is Emma's refuge, joy, shelter, blessings, shield and her favor. I am learning to begin to trust Him with my precious Rose even now at 2 years old...sweet!

Love you Bear!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Meg...I pray protection over sweet Emma's heart and stand in agreement w/ you that the Lord will hold her close in His mighty hands ALWAYS and FOREVER for He is our refuge. Give her a big hug and kiss from me until I see her next time. Sweet Emma Rose...she is a ray of sunshine to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Emma,
    Although we have never met, I know your Mommy very well. You are a sweet blessing from Him and are the Apple of His Eye! Always remember, Neh. 8:10 - "The Joy of the Lord is Your Strength." I cling to his verse, as does my Mommy and daily pray this over my daughter. He will be your Rock in All Situations! Love you! Your Friend, Meg

    ReplyDelete