"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Girls

The girls at the Doke house are busy these days. I'm not the best about grabbing my camera to take pics...but here are a few!
Sophie loves...
-sitting under the kitchen table
-clapping to music
-eating anything off the floor
-kissing/slobbering and cuddling
-her Jillie
Emma likes Sophie...most of the time!

Sweet Sophie is almost 10 months old..
She's crawling, climbing stairs, saying 'mama', waving bye, bye...

Chef Emma Rose
Emma loves to be in the kitchen cooking, baking, cleaning...anything! We bake a lot these days and this morning, she decided on PINK cookies!
with some sprinkles of course...
PINK Cookie Recipe
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teas baking powder
1 teas salt
1 teas cinnamon
1 cup butter (softened)
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teas vanilla
red food coloring
Cream butter and sugar, add egg and vanilla, add dry ingredients
Bake 350 for 10-12 minutes
One of our favorite t.v. chefs insists baking measurements must be exact...
I don't think the chefs on Foodnetwork have a 2 year old in the kitchen.
Our measurements are in dashes, sprinkles, hand fulls...and they're still scrumptious cookies!
Emma loves to wear her apron Abbey made for her when she was born...who knew we'd use it so much!
Love you girls so much...my little Bear and Lynn!

2 comments:

  1. I have to say those cookies were very good! She is a great little baker! I had to stop myself from having too many of them when I was over on saturday :) but honestly is it possible to have too many pink sugar cookies? I dont think it is! Love you Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to try that recipe! It sounds delicious! In the blink of an eye Sophie grew up! Where have the months gone? Both the girls are so unbelievably precious! Emma's hair is so long and gorgeous (just like her Mom's hair). Thanks for sharing the cute pictures and updates! xo

    ReplyDelete