"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Not quite how I pictured it...

I want to tell you a little story about Emma Rose...and it goes something like this...
(This story takes place at our table at Interurban.)
Emma was eating her dinner of grilled cheese, carrots, and chips/salsa.
The waitress brought Sophie an icecream sundae for her birthday, so I gave Emma a few bites.
Out of character Emma says: "I don't want anymore." ???
Meg says: "Are you alright...you don't want more?"
Emma says: "No." She looks at Chris, looks at me, back at Chris, then down at the table...
her face turns a lovely shade of green and white, then...
Emma: "Blaaahhhh!" as she vomits 3 times all over half of our table, the booth, and herself.
With vomit running down her nose, she calmly looks at me and says: "What happened?"
Meg says: "Um...you threw up."
As we proceed to clean up the mess, she passes me the sugar container on the table
and asks: "Mommy, do you need anything?"
Meg says: "No thank you."
In the car on the way home I ask: "Are you okay, does your tummy hurt?"
Emma says: "Nope, I feel SO much betta (better)."
The End...not quite how I pictured it (dinner).

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad she feels betta! How was she so calm???? Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY!!! Meg, she is such a strong little girl! I am glad she is feeling better. Your heart must have sank when you saw that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sweet emma! love that girl. She is such a trouper!

    ReplyDelete