"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Monday, December 28, 2009

An Angel

So, last week Chris had neck surgery to remove a tumor (not cancerous) and then, we went downhill from there!
Emma and I were at Outback with some friends celebrating our wonderful friend Gerod's birthday and she threw up 6 times at the table, at the restaurant! So we walked/dripped our way to the car and home for some more "fun".
This is gross, but I am so proud and must share...
The on-call nurse said to get Emma to sleep and the vomiting would decrease. So hesitantly, I put her back in her bed (she had been in ours), gave her a bowl, encouraged her to use the bowl and say "mommy" of she threw up. I slept with the monitor on high and about every 2 hours, I would hear her "use the bowl" and then say "Mommy, I'm all done!" I would go in there, wash out the bowl, and she'd go back to sleep...seriously? She amazes me every day!
Emma was supposed to be the angel in the nativity play this year at church. All week we have been talking about the angel visiting Mary with "good news". Emma would go up and tell strangers "The angel came to Mary, and said 'good news, you gonna have a BABY and call Him Jesus!'" When I told her we weren't going to house church, she burst into tears and asked for her halo. So I gave it to her and she wore it all day long.
(her lovely bowl)

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness Megan! praise the Lord she is healed!!!

    ReplyDelete