Saturday, January 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Rose

I went a little crazy with pictures on this post...I just couldn't decide between all of them!
Happy Birthday to Emma Rose!
I can't believe you are 3 years old already! From the second you were born, you have been the sweetest thing in the world!
I tell Emma her birth-day story each year on her birthday. I had just been to see Dr. Jarvis and I had not progressed at all. We scheduled an induction for the following week. The next night, I went to sleep at midnight, only to be woken up at 2:30am to my water breaking! After 9.5 hours of labor, Emma's heart wasn't tolerating the contractions and we were rushed into a c-section.
Emma Rose Doke
12:04 pm
7 lbs. 1 oz.
21 inches
(quiet, sweet, and cuddly)
First day of Mother's Day Out



Emma is such a sweet sister to her Sopheez (Sophie).
"Dr. Jarvis say, 'Sophie Lynn, time to come out of mommy's belly!' and Sophie came out!
Crazy nap hair!

Tiny little girl in her leggings!

Grrrr!
We took Emma to the Fiesta Bowl in 2008. She loved watching the game. She'd had plenty of practice because I took her in my Bijorn to every home game that year. She fell asleep during the 4th quarter and just went to sleep in the Bijorn.



Emma slept for most of the first year...seriously. As I was looking at all of her baby pictures, she's sleeping in most of them!

Going to the red & white scrimmage!

Sleeping again...

The day she was born...sleeping!


Here she is on the morning of her birthday!
Our household was actually very sick the weekend of Emma's birthday dinner. Muka and Uncle Damon stayed in Tulsa since we were contagious. We can't wait to celebrate with them this weekend!


Emma loves Orange Tree so we met her friends there for some yogurt!

Nolan, Keaton, Graham, Sean Edward, Sulley, and the girls
Bear, we love you sweet one. You are such a joy in our lives!
I love how particular you are, how you like things exactly the way you like them.
I love how you don't know a stranger and love to talk and hug everyone you meet.
I love how tender hearted and sensitive you are.
I love to listen to you pray for good dreams and for your toys.
Baby girl, He formed your inward parts and He wove you in your mommy's womb. I will give thanks to the Lord for you are fearfully and wonderfully made. His eyes have seen your unformed substance and in His book were all written the days that were ordained for you.
~Psalm 139:13-16
Love you Bear!


5 comments:

  1. It's crazy she is 3! Sweet Emma Rose...we love you so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma- I can't even believe you are already 3 years old! You are such a joy to our family. Your smiles and hugs brighten my day every time! You have such a kind and wonderful heart. Your mommy and daddy are doing an incredible job :) Love you Dokies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan,
    I am enjoying following your blog. I love your precious family so adorable. It always encourages me because you are so thankful for your many blessings and your never forget what God has done for you. Thanks so much!!
    Love Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all of the pictures! Cant believe she is three... honestly it seems like yesterday when I first started babysitting her. I am so blessed that you needed a babysitter because it has turned into a great friendship and I am so thankful! God DEFINITELY knew what he was doing :)
    love you dokes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the picture of Chris and her on her birthday morning.
    What a precious girl who is being raised by two incredible parents.

    ReplyDelete