Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Mother

Happy Birthday to my wonderful, loving, and kind mom.




This December my mom celebrated her 61st birthday...
It honors me to share some pieces from her 61 years of her life and the 28 years I have been blessed to know her as my wonderful mom.
Yvonne Lynn Fisher was born on December 30th in 1949.
She lost her own mom at 14 years old and even as the youngest child in her family, began taking care of others.
She grew up wanting to be a lawyer, but shelved her desire after a college adviser said she should be a teacher instead.
She gave birth to my brothers and I...that was the start of selfless and loving motherhood.
In 1998 she graduated with her law degree and went on to be the assistant district attorney for Tulsa county. There she fought for and gave a voice to children who needed protection.
My mom is a survivor. My mom is a fighter. My mom is living proof that our heavenly Father is faithful, loving, and near to us always.
Mom, He has been with you from the minute you were born, throughout your childhood, your good times and your heart aches. The past 5 years have been more than difficult and yet, you remain victorious in the Lord.
My prayer for you...
"He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers." ~Psalm 1:3

Love you so much and I am truly honored to be your daughter!
meg xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment