"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Friday, February 12, 2010

When's the last time you danced?

So I thought to myself this morning, when is the last time I danced because of what the Lord has done?
Did I dance and sing because I could afford groceries?
Did I scream joyously because it rained?
Did I fall to my knees because the Lord healed my child's cold?
Although I am grateful for what the Lord has done, I have never celebrated the way the women in Africa do.
I've been in villages where people rely on the Lord for everything...everything.
Yet they have more faith and less fear than most Americans.
These women have faith that moves mountains, unshakable, deep rooted faith.
A lovely friend sent me this video of a group of women in Malawi, Africa who have received a written copy of the Bible for the first time. Enjoy. Click on "this" below.

3 comments:

  1. What a powerful video! my feet are dancing! God is so Good and i say we should DANCE more Often :) Love you Kiddo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your heart sweet friend!!! You are such a blessing to me :) Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very true!!!!!
    I miss Africa!
    Two words I use to describe the Ghanian people I experienced "reckless abandonment" how I wish I had what they had

    ReplyDelete