"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Dream Big

This is not a very light-hearted post, but I am so overjoyed with the Lord's faithfulness and goodness, I just had to share this with all of you!
When my dad passed away over a year ago, my heart grieved losing him and also losing the dreams and hopes I had of how I thought life would look. You know those dreams...my parents will always be together, my dad will play with my children and know them well, we'll keep spending summers at the lake house...
Since dad's passing, one of my prayers has been for the Lord to bring me the hopes I had in my heart in my dreams at night. I still want to experience the joy from the hopes I had, even if it's only a dream. Here's the best part about the God we serve...He has answered my prayer, over and over again. I have dreams about my dad all the time, sweet dreams of the things I hoped would come true. Another sweet detail is my dad is full-faced and healthy looking in my dreams, not how he looked when I saw him last.
Last night, I had a dream that I was talking to my dad and he was telling me he was retiring and that he and mom were going to travel Europe for 3 months (both were dreams that my parents had). I saw it. I saw what I had hoped for. I felt the joy, excitement, and gladness in my heart for both of them.
I woke up and my heart could feel the enemy swoop in, ready to steal my joy. I felt him say "Well...that didn't really happen, it's only a dream. Your dad is gone and so is your hope." I realized I had to fight for this and so I said out loud, "No, you are wrong. I asked the Lord to bring me my hopes in my dreams...and He is."
The Lord is teaching me He is our portion, our provider, our protector, and our sweet Father.
He is near to the broken hearted and He is our comforter.
He hears our prayers and He is faithful to answer them.
Thank you Jesus, as always, I can't wait to go to sleep tonight.
John 14:16
"I will bring you another Comforter, an Advocate, and He will never leave you."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post! I can relate to this in so many ways. I too, always see my dad looking at his healthiest and friendliest, not like he was when he passed. The Lord is amazing!

    ReplyDelete