"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Chris!!!

my sweet hubby turned 37 a few weeks ago (yes I am very behind on blogging!).
there are so many things we love about him...
if you know Chris well, you know he LOVES people...loves his friends and loves to be around friends all the time. I love this quality about him. it made for an interesting wedding with 18 groomsmen; it makes for a busy life with friends coming over all the time; and coming to love how much he's on the phone maintaining friendships. love this, absolutely love this!

for chris' birthday we made it a day of favorites:
-Chic Fil A for breakfast in bed
-a large diet coke with lime from Sonic brought to the office
- a chocolate chip cookie from the bakery (that emma held in her hand for an hour before giving it to chris!)
-homemade yellow cake with chocolate icing...and what else, but OU on it!
-his favorite dinner of simmered chicken tacos with cilantro and black beans
-dinner with his girls...and his regular chat with bob jarvis!!! :)

in years past we celebrated with lots of friends (last year a huge surprise party!)...but this year it was just the 4 of us and i must say we LOVED it!

(priceless!!!)
emma rose
sophie lynn
(feeding daddy his cake)
I've told you this for years and I still feel the same way...thank you for choosing me. It is an honor to be your wife and friend on this journey. I love you so much and hope you know how loved you are by all 3 of your girls!
you are such a tender and kind daddy, so loving and fun!
happy birthday and much love!!!
- love meg, emma rose, & sophie lynn

1 comment:

  1. Happy late birthday Doke! Your SCHuper!!!

    ReplyDelete