"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Friday, April 30, 2010

"you've got your hands full"

Okay, so this post will enlighten those of you who don't know the extent of my nerd tendencies, organization, "life-is-a-game-of-Tetris" mind set that is the world of Megan Doke.

I grocery shop once a month for the month's groceries and meals. The other weeks of the month, we make a quick run to Walmart for about 4 items. I wish I could take credit for this genius idea, but a mom on the Today Show does this and saves lots of time, money, and energy. So it's off to Walmart and Sam's we go!
My mom tells me to document these days of errands and being in the car together, listening to the girls' laugh, talk, play...she always tells me in a moment, you'll look up and they're grown up and the moment is gone and all you have is a memory. So I decided to take my camera along as much as I can...even though it's not exciting, it's still documentation of a sweet memory with my little ones.
Thanks for the wisdom sweet mommy of mine.
(if you haven't had Sam's pizza, it's REALLY good and cheap!)
I get the comment of "Wow, you've got your hands full" every time we go...usually by a nice old man. This week I was the mom in the store with 2 crying, tired kids...I thought I was going to cry too!
We had a great day and as Marcene Primrose says "You have the choice every day in motherhood to laugh or cry...choose to laugh"...ha, ha, ha!
I know some day I'll be able to run errands all by myself...and I imagine as nice as that will be, I will miss my little sweet girls giggling, talking, eating, and hugging me as I shop.
love you bear & boo!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I remember someone wise telling me that she would be a rich woman if she had a dollar for every time someone said that to her. My response is "I am fully blessed!":-)

    ReplyDelete