"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

1st trip to the dentist

well it was time for emma rose to visit the dentist!
we were sad dr. jarvis sr. retired but super happy to become new patients of dr. moffitt!
(if you are in the Norman/OKC area, I highly recommend him and his wonderful staff @ Brickhouse Dental)

side note: as emma approached 2 years of age, we heard a lot, "get ready for the terrible twos!" well, the two's came and went very easily for us...and then she turned 3! she is still just as sweet and precious, but the past months have definitely had some challenges and stretching times for me as a mommy.
when our pediatrician said it was time for a teeth cleaning, I was curious how this would turn out.
so a few days ago I started talking to her about the "special" toothbrush that would make a humming sound and would tickle a bit, the moving/reclining chair, lights and machines etc. if you know emma, she LOVES to talk about things...anything! so we talked A LOT!
and then it was Go Time!
our little one did AMAZING! I, along with Etta (wonderful dental hygienist) were impressed with emma's ease and willingness to say "yes" to all of the steps (cleaning, flossing, fluoride rinse, tooth count/check, pictures of teeth etc.)
way to go bear!
"emma, how many teeth do you think you have?"..."1,2,3,4...55!"
answer: 20 teeth
dr. moffitt ("max and mere bear's daddy")
loving ms. etta!
for some reason I have a feeling things may be a little different with my little pistol at home...sophie lynn! but we'll see some day!

1 comment: