"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Thursday, June 3, 2010

PoOl DaYs!!!

summer is here and so is the heat! it's been in the upper 90s the past 2 weeks and it's predicted to reach 102 degrees this weekend! we are super grateful for pools...I mean REALLY grateful!
emma is taking swimming lessons at our sweet friend Stephanie's house a few days a week with her son Patrick and our wonderful teacher Miss Anna.
bear loves every minute of it. she's a fish!
other days we are at The Trails pool or friend's pools...so much fun!
(yes this is her swim suit...it looks like a ballerina tutu costume...Target had them and I couldn't resist!)
sophie lynn takes a little but longer to get in the water but already loves to "jump" off the side into my arms and tries to kick in the water! if she would kick and splash as much as she does in the bath tub, we would be set!
fearless emma, jumping off the diving board over and over and over...
today we joined our friends Allison and her kiddos Millie and Owen for an afternoon swim.
we have a lot of boy-friends in Norman but Millie and Emma are a few of the only girls around the same age so they love to play girly stuff together!!!
can't wait for a summer of pool dates, picnics, and fun in the sun with our friends!
before we know it, summer will be gone, football season will be here (thank goodness!)
...and our little princess will be in our arms!
*******
at one point this week, it had been a long day...you know those days, where you feel like a referee and that you've said "no touch", "please don't push your sister down", "you're in a time out" etc. about a hundred times before 10am...it had been one of those days. I had my girls in my arms in the pool and they were laughing, giving each other kisses, and looking up at me and my eyes filled up with tears and I thought how grateful I am for these precious little ones. how grateful I am to be home with them every day. how grateful I am that we get to go on picnics, watch Cinderella, swim, go see daddy at work...every minute is so special to me and as hard as it can be to be a mommy, there's no where else I'd rather be than with my kids.
love you boo and bear...you're the best job I'll ever have!
mommy xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Love it. You're such a great mommy and those gals are precious!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful start to the summer--filled with many blessings! If you ever want a tagalong friend to the pool, would love to join you sometime!

    ReplyDelete