"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

for Alice

a few of my close friends blessed us with a girls' dinner at Charleston's and then prayer over Alice at our house afterwards. I felt so honored and loved!
the day began with errands with my girls...and then I came home to a swept, mopped, vacuumed, and cleaned house, and folded laundry by Alicia.
and then off to dinner!
this book is a treasure.
my friends spent time worshipping and listening to the Lord for His heart for our baby girl. then everyone wrote down the words, scripture, pictures...and then shared and prayed over Alice.
so sweet and powerful! our little one is truly loved.
in the middle of the adults sharing and praying, emma rose prayed for her sister, thanksgiving for her and that she would have a good day in mommy's belly.
I will love getting to tell Alice some day how her big sister prayed for her every day before she was even born.
my dear friends
(a few friends needed to get home to kids and hubbies after dinner- we so missed you!)
alice received some cute gifts too! our sweet friend laura made this frame, she was also given pink slippers...dresses...diapers...books.
we're so ready for her to be here!
**********************
Psalm 34:1-8
I will praise the Lord at all times;
His praise will always be on my lips.
Mu soul will rejoice in the Lord;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord with me...
Those who look to Him are radiant...
Taste and see that the Lord is good!
***********************************
chris and I are more than grateful for this night of blessing and words from the Lord!
this book of promises and truths spoken over her life means more to me than I can ever express.
we love you alice elizabeth!


2 comments:

  1. I think Abbey said it so well, it was an honor for us to share this time with you all, we love you Dokes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a joy to have precious friends who already speak empowering words over little Allie Beth. So excited for you guys and can't wait to see pictures of the new sweet one!!

    ReplyDelete