"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Thursday, October 14, 2010

a little update

well, our alice (sophie: "Baby Ali!!!!", emma: "Ali Beth") is over a week old now, I can't believe it!
she's such a doll, we love her so much!
she has fit right into our world and doesn't seem to be bothered by the loud, girly, busy world of the doke house. she reminds us a lot of emma when emma was a baby; you have to wake her up to feed her and then she quietly goes right back to sleep. nice. love it.
we have been overwhelmed with blessings from friends bringing meals, my mom coming to town to help, friends helping out to take care of emma and sophie, sweet gifts sitting on our porch, flowers being delivered from family...we feel so loved and honored!
this is my new favorite picture so far...
I was cleaning up breakfast in the kitchen and came into the room to find my princesses all cuddled up with their daddy listening to If You Give a Pig a Pancake...one of our favorites!
love this.
love this.
love this.

3 comments:

  1. this makes my heart so happy - just one of the reasons Chris Doke is such a great guy. i love y'all & can't wait to see you next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet family of 5- What a blessing for you all and the sweet transformation of your family. Love Love Love

    ReplyDelete