"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Friday, October 8, 2010

perfect

Alice Elizabeth Doke
7 pounds 3 ounces
19 inches
8:34am
10-5-10
..."she's perfect" said her doctor
we are so blessed...our Alice is here, and she is perfectly healthy and a JOY!
I can't begin to describe the favor and His faithfulness we have been shown this week with her birth. my recovery has been almost painless, easy, and she has passed every health test including a perfect score on her hearing test which is uncommon with a c-section baby. most of my nurses were nurses I became friends with when I had Sophie and Emma, so being in the hospital was so much fun! our family and friends came to see us...we are overwhelmed with His love, provision, and joy!
the girls love, love, love "baby Ali"! we had big sister sacks waiting for them with treats, princess dresses etc.
emma, put on everything in the bag...sophie went straight for the treats!
really funny, right now emma's favorite color is orange- preferably OSU or Texas orange...daddy is adjusting!

emma loves holding alice!
sophie's first interaction, just checking alice out...now, she's all about holding and kissing baby ali and doesn't like it at all when she cries.
*******************
we are happily a family of 5 and are loving it!
welcome Alice, we love you so much and are loving getting to know you and your little heart!
what a perfect week!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet friend, my heart is leaping I am so happy for you all. What a perfect addition to your family! Love you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Can't wait to hold her soon :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh I'm just smiling inside! Beeeaaaauuuutiful moments captured on camera. So happy for your precious fam!

    ReplyDelete