"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Saturday, November 6, 2010

adjustments

so we are for sure in a period of adjustment with 3 kids. for us the transition from 1 to 2 kids was the hardest but 2 to 3 kids is the most tiring and fullest. I'm learning a lot...for example:
- it takes us 2+ hours to leave the house if mommy showers, girls dressed and fed, and baby changed and fed and have everyone in the car with snacks etc. (it takes 20-30 minutes if we're talking just "get in the car" and no one is exiting the car)
- in a house of 3 girls, someone is always crying and it could be for no reason whatsoever
- I am more than grateful for the meal train Kerri set up for us and will be sad when it ends in 2 weeks
- when in doubt, put Brian Johnson's "Love Came Down" on and peace will trickle into your house
(mini biscuit pizzas)
- letting your kids make dinner and get snacks may be messy but it is helpful
chef 1 & chef 2
- meals outside make for no clean up, no dirty kitchen and more fun!
***********************
a few things I have not mastered/attempted yet (i.e. talking on the phone, cooking a meal) I hope to improve upon this month. meanwhile, I love His grace, my precious girls who take time to twirl and dance whenever there's music, and every moment with my sweet newborn.

1 comment:

  1. Meg...
    You are doing awesome!!! Give yourself lots of extra grace:-) Enjoy your sweet girls!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete