"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Thursday, November 18, 2010

a week of:

1. the stomach flu for bear
(she didn't even make it all the way into our bed and fell asleep here)
sweet girl slept so much and just wasn't her sweet self at all...she was so sick :(
2. the Lord's healing...and flowers from daddy
emma loves getting flowers from chris and he LOVES buying her flowers. his favorite place is Wright's IGA on Main St., he always find the most beautiful flowers for her and she is always so excited!
3. last dinner with josh as a bachelor
our friend josh is getting married in a few days to the most beautiful girl laura!!! we can't wait!!! josh has been coming to our house for dinner a few nights a week for years and we've loved it! can't wait to have the waggoner's over for dinner!!!!
4. being home bound
we haven't left the house in 5 days because emma has been so sick. today we ventured out to the park and Sonic for a tasty treat. you know your child is still a little weak when she lays on the turf/ground at the park for most of the time there.
5. truth
I wanted a bubble bath a few nights ago. I had been up several nights with emma every few hours, holding her hair and then up with alice nursing. just as I settled into my bubble bath with my magazine, chris brought me a very upset alice elizabeth. so as I was watching my bubbles go down the drain I thought "I just need a bath, just a 20 minute bath"...enter the Lord's sweet voice:
"some day they will all be gone, out of your house, living their own lives and you will have all the time in the world to "yourself" and you can take hour baths every day if you want to".
I smiled and teared up a bit and JOYFULLY got dressed and held my sweet ali beth.
I have the best job in the world...truly. my heart is bursting with gratitude that the Lord would entrust these precious princesses to me and chris.
I am in love...with my sweet girls.

2 comments: