"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

flexibility, fun, retro, & vintage

flexibility.
being a parent has taught me so many things and continues to challenge and bless me with lessons to be learned. flexibility is something the Lord is showing me in this season of raising 3 small children. I am blessed to have so many wise women around me to pour into me as a mommy. 7 months ago we moved Sophie and Emma in together and although we've seen growth, it's been a constant battle with Emma Rose to stay in bed, be kind to Sophie etc. a few months back my friend Sarah said "meg, she may not be ready" and she was right. thus, flexibility. my plans have changed and now Emma has her own room and space and Alice and Sophie now share a room.
fun.
the fun part of being willing to explore different options is rearranging what you have! I spent the morning rearranging, sorting, and redoing the girls' rooms. making what has been the nursery Emma's room.
retro.
the fun continues! this is my bedding from when I was a little girl. my mom had it made for me almost 30 years ago. isn't it beautiful? I wanted bedding that had shades of blue in it to match the blue walls but didn't have extra cash to purchase new bedding, so I found this in the closet, put it on and voila!
***********************************
(Sophie & Alice's new room)
vintage.
I love antique perfume bottles and my mom helped me start a collection when I was little.
here are a few bottles and small boxes. I love little treasures like this.
I am grateful my girls all sleep very heavily...
once Sophie falls asleep, I tip toe Alice into her crib. neither one wake up. I'm convinced they all got this gene from me, nothing wakes me up but their little noises...nothing!
so here's to being willing to make a change and have some fun with it!
as Beth says "you have to know the season your children are in...this may work, it may not. it may work for 6 months or 6 years".
for now, it's working!

No comments:

Post a Comment