"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Saturday, December 25, 2010

tulsa christmas

we went to tulsa for a few days before christmas to see my mom, brother Damon, and my oldest brother Rod came in from Los Angeles. we had such a great time together! my mom is really thoughtful and does a lot of sweet things to prepare for us coming...or maybe I should say invading her house. from super delicious meals to little christmas blankets on our beds, she stocks the house with our favorite foods and loves on us every minute. love it.
I was laughing to myself thinking about our first christmas together before we had kids...how easy it was to jump in the car and drive to tulsa for a few days. now, there's a little bit more work involved, even for a 3 day trip! it's fun though, the nerd in me loves the packing and planning of it all!
little ones on the road
we were so happy to see uncle rod and uncle damon!
christmas jammies from Muka
************
we had so much fun....
we had so much fun visiting Damon at work at the hospital. he works so hard and everyone there adores him! he was so proud to have us come up...he was waiting at the front desk for us with the biggest smile!
playing
carousel ride
getting cookies
(these pink iced sugar cookies were my favorite as a little girl...my girls picked them out and loved every bite!)
isn't mom's tree gorgeous?
big presents from Muka and uncle Damon...a horse and a bike!
it's so sweet to be there and so sad to leave. we are so grateful we were able to spend time with my wonderful family. what a treat, what a blessing!
we are loved and for that we are grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment