"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

feeling 30 :)

I will be 30 years old next month...how did this happen?
a few weeks ago Chris asked me how I felt turning 30 and I didn't have anything to say and had not given it much thought.
this morning, however, I felt 30 (whatever that means) and realized my feelings of "oh my goodness, I'm going to be 30!"
I was up early to go to a spinning class with my neighbor Kristen, then home to get my lovies dressed and out the door for school, picking up sweet Millie on the way, on my second cup of coffee by 8:30am, home for cleaning, playing, errands, back to school to get Emma...and the day goes on!
today I feel 30 and I LOVE it!
we were stopped at a light for a few minutes and I just listened to all of these little girls giggling, talking, cooing (Alice), and fidgeting. such sweet noises from these little ones!
***************
so a few thoughts I have after the day's activities of feeling like a 30 year old mom are...
- I am excited for what this new season holds!
- my 20's were great, wonderful, life changing, and challenging.
in my 20's I...
- graduated college
- taught Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 2nd grade
- went to Africa
- met, fell in love with, and married my dreamy husband (all in 11 months!)
- moved to Norman
- worked at American Eagle (so random)
- had 3 baby girls
- lost my dad to cancer
- was the children's director for our church
- celebrated 6 years with Chris :)
...
mostly I have found we serve a powerful God who has sustained me, who loves me, and who has blessed me beyond what I could have imagined at 20.
so bring it on 30...I'm ready for you!
(but I'm still going to relish in saying 29 for 34 more days!!!!)

1 comment:

  1. I love your positive outlook. I also don't know how you get up that early and have energy to keep up with 3 little ones. I have trouble with 1 and 1 on the way...phew! I wanna be like you!

    ReplyDelete