"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Monday, January 10, 2011

kid's recipe

today's weather presented us with frigid temperatures and some snow. so we did some baking. I needed something simple since Ali Beth was awake. I have this cookbook that's been in my family for decades and my mom gave it to me when I married Chris. it's my favorite! it happens to have a very easy banana nut bread recipe in it...so I wanted to share.
easy banana nut bread recipe:
- 3 bananas
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teas baking soda
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans (optional)
************
step 1: mix/mash all ingredients
step 2: pour into a greased loaf pan
bake 50-60 minutes @ 350 degrees
*******************************
I give each of my girls a bowl and a fork and dump the ingredients into each bowl (50-50 of course!). then I combine the bowls into the loaf pan to bake. they love it! sometimes I let them measure and add all of the ingredients but my arms were full of my little Lovelie so we skipped that today. :)
enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. is it from Jane Lindstrom's book? Is that the right name??

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, the blue binder...my favorite!

    ReplyDelete