"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Saturday, January 1, 2011

a night cap

my little night cap of ginger cookies and coffee
here's the best part...Alice Elizabeth
my sweet little one.
I listened to a Bill Johnson teaching Supernatural Sleep the other day and it's my new favorite for sure. I find myself at the end of the day playing catch up on everything. I feel so behind on it all. one point he makes in this teaching is "we don't know how to sit still". that would be me.
so the past few days I've been just holding Alice for an hour or two at the end of the day before she goes to sleep. I feel like I held and watched Emma and Sophie a lot. the saying "the third child lives in the car seat" is something I know is normal and expected but my desire is to hold her more and just stare at her. I love my new night time routine...little snack, lots of cuddling. I am learning to sit still. Bill talks about how the Lord seals and speaks to us in the night, that He reveals to us at night things He doesn't when we are awake. well then I want more sleep! I want to be still more!
good night!

1 comment:

  1. That's a perfect New Years Evening!! Well- if Christopher would have been there too :)

    ReplyDelete