"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Days of Grace

"There are no more good days and bad days...
there are only good days and days of grace." ~Graham Cooke
Agreed.
Yes Lord!
Thank goodness.
For me, it's compartmentalized. It's not an entire day, but moment by moment, hour by hour.

Here's some of the good in our day...
Scratching the plans on the schedule and swapping them for hours playing outside...
Watching my girls together, at-home mani/pedis, thinking about my date with Chris last night, smiling at the flowers he brought us while my lovelies nap.
A trip to the park with friends...
A sleeping bunny curled up on mommy ...

His grace is sufficient...thus, here are a few parts of grace...
My oldest melting and trantrumming (I know that's not a real word, but it should be) at the park after knocking over another child...
Thinking "What is that smell?" and realizing "It's me" after being outside with my kids all day, never mind the fact I actually showered this morning...
My mop falling apart half way through the job...
Realizing my car meeting the tree yesterday is actually worse than I thought...
The sweet hubby working 3 out of 7 nights this week...
***
I need grace. I don't deserve it, yet He still gives it to me. I was telling Chris the other day, how funny it is to listen to NFL players debrief at a press conference after a game. I know it's a profession, they work hard, they fight through injuries, they are away from family...but as I listen to any athlete explain what he was thinking when he fumbled on the 2 yard line, or, what his strategy was to throw such a perfect pass to lead his team to victory, I laugh.
I'd love to hear from a single mom, what her inspiration is to take care of kids, work 2 jobs, and tuck in her littles at night, get up and do it all over again the next day. I want to hear from a mom who sits with her child during chemo treatments and watches this little body fight to live, what should matter and what simply doesn't when you're raising babies. I would tune in every night to see a mom in Africa address the media when asked "How did it feel today when you walked 6 miles to bring home clean water for your 5 children?"
Grace. I am finding it's such a beautiful gift from the Father and I want it, lots of it. I know He sees mommies all over the world and He lavishly pours out His grace over us. That we may be encouraged, strengthened, joyful...and so that we can in return give grace to the little ones at our feet and in our arms.

"My grace is sufficient for you, My power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
2 Corinthians 12:9


4 comments:

  1. this brought a huge smile Meg, you're heart is awesome. this is one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously love this post. This part made me laugh "Realizing my car meeting the tree yesterday is actually worse than I thought..." because well it happened to me too. Only my car meet the garage last saturday, good news.. the car won. The garage? Not so lucky. it is definitely worse than I thought :) And still with grace it wasn't a "bad" day. thankfully it was a day of grace. Thanks for reminding me! love you Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same realization of smelling me after I got home Meg...immediately had to get in the shower. The weird thing was I found myself being thankful of smelling because it meant we had been playing outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I can relate to the car thing. My car met a mail box while I was trying to hand a fish cracker back to Witten to keep him awake coming home from church one Sunday. It was worse than I thought as well :).
    2. You should write a Mommy devotional or something I always feel encouraged after reading your blog :).

    ReplyDelete