"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Friday, February 18, 2011

Executive Decisions

Welcome to my office!
Here at the offices of Doke&Doke, we like to keep a professional environment. We like production. We like contribution to the gross national product.
Okay, not really and far from it...but I'll continue with the corporate theme!

Lunch appointments.
Our favorite place to commence being the First Baptist Park. There are many important agenda items...slides, swings, bouncing bridges...stuff like that.

The conference table.
We do a lot of important deals here. Plans and dreams for the day, activities to attend, high quality meals consisting of PB&J's, and many important tasks and masterpieces.

An associate's work space.
My associates are very hard working as you can see. There are various accomplishments and victories throughout the day.

My corner office view.
Ah yes, the business continues in our outdoor commons area.

I love being a mom and I love the blessing of being at home with them every day.
There are lots of decisions to be made...from the choice between making waffles and pancakes, to answering the self-question of how to respond to my child in her moment(s) of struggle so that my very words and actions would reflect how the Father sees her and communicate I believe in you sweetheart.
Forgoing productivity and sleep for late-night ice cream with friends. Deciding the night's menu based on how easy and fast it is to whip up with 3 littles at my feet. Choosing humility over pride to ask forgiveness from a tiny one for my unkind and harsh reactions.
The day is full of them...decisions and choices.
Some matter. Some don't. Some never get decided on.
Regardless, I am in love with my job and the executive decisions to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment