"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Monday, February 7, 2011

hands

I am in love with these sweet hands...
I just love these little hands, so soft and pink. Always in a fist. Sweet little nails from the minute she was born. Even the nurses at the hospital commented on her delicate hands.
I find my heart asking...
Lord, what do you have in store for these precious hands?
I think...these hands will make mud pies, Play Doh masterpieces, delicious cakes and cookies. These hands will probably hold countless books and crayons.
Then maybe on to cute pony tails and lip gloss. One day, she'll hold car keys and a purse.
One day she'll hold a bouquet as she walks down the isle.
Then these hands will hold her own babies.

...but I want even more for these little hands.
Lord, give her the nations as you promise in Psalms. I want these hands to feel the dirt of far off lands, the places dear to Your heart. I pray these hands will touch the lives of many with Your love and warmth. I pray You will use these hands to heal the sick and overwhelm the poor with love and care.
My heart bursts and wants to know what You have in store for this little one. I know You have much more than I can ask or imagine. I know that I can trust You with her. I know You hold her in Your mighty hands.
Thank you Father for these tender hands that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment