"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Her whispers

Powerful things tend to come in tiny packages...
dynamite that levels the ground, diamond rings that promise forever, a small rudder that steers a mighty vessel, the hint of jalapeno that sends your mouth into a fury.
My tiny one packs some serious power and presence. And we love it!
Sophie Lynn, she's my impulsive one, our Hulk, our loud Boo. She may be tiny but she can sure bring the fury.
...but not lately.

Lately, she's attempted a different approach...whispering. At first I thought "has she lost her voice?" or "is she sick?" Since when does this child whisper? Currently, when she really wants something, she couples intense persistence with a still, small, whisper. It brings me to a deep belly laughter!
Today she rattled through our list of movies, in her abbreviated version, speaking softly and quickly, pleading to watch one.
"Princess?" (no.)
"Dragon?" (no.)
"Buzz Light?" (no.)
She continued on throughout the day with the choices of candy, snacks, drinks...all with the sweetest whisper. Maybe she's shelving the tantrums for awhile...or maybe it's my laughing response of no that seems less shattering to her little ideas than a firm response. I'm not sure.
*******
I adore my lovelies.


And this one...
...is oh so lovely.
Thank you for these precious ones!

1 comment:

  1. So much sweet pink!!! Love those girls too :)

    ReplyDelete