"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Monday, February 21, 2011

Randomness

Randomness. I read this on a blog and thought it was a great word and a great title for this post.
Our week was great, busy, sunny, and fun. The weekend was a continuation of all of that...plus daddy was home! I feel like daddies miss a lot of the fun being at work all day so I love it when he gets to be with us, more than the 1-2 hours at night during the week. I think about the years to come when my girls are in school all day, every day. I'm not wanting those years to arrive any time soon. For now, I love their affections and attention all day long.
"Watch me mommy!" is a phrase and request I hear multiple times a day.
...and I love it every time.
The first scrape of the season, I'm sure knowing my girls there are many more to come! I tell my girls skinned up knees means you're playing hard, and that's always a good thing! Daddy was here for this little one and there's just something special about daddy's voice and hands that make it all better.

Earlier in the week we celebrated Asher's 2nd birthday! Brooke did such a great job creating the perfect dance party for him and his friends...and the grown ups!


Saturday afternoon we had a family rest time in our bed. All 5 of us piled in with lots of fluffy pillows, pacifiers, lovies, goldfish, sippy cups...anything anyone would possibly need. We watched a movie, we cuddled, we talked, we napped. It was really sweet.
My Alice happily slept on me. I did a lot of staring at her sweet face. I normally can't sit still and prefer to be on the go, busy, productive etc. However, I'm certain I could do this all day: lay in bed with my family and stare at my little one's faces, listen to their giggles, hold their tiny hands. Loved it.

While Chris worked at the OU basketball game, I took the girls to our neighbor's birthday party.
My Sophie Lynn, I just love your sweet face. I know it well.

Chris needed to work at the baseball game for a few innings so he took Emma and Sophie with him. They lovedit! The peanuts, the weather, cheering for OU, and time with Chris. I'm beginning to think they actually like watching baseball. :)
I love the intensity of Emma's face. So focused. Like father, like daughter.

We had a lovely weekend, I hope you did too!
I made this little discovery for a snack...bananas, chocolate chips, honey, and the best ingredient in the world...peanut butter. Goodness in a bowl. A great weekend snack while you watch your lovelies play!
Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. woo hoo.....a new snack idea and everything I love rolled into one! Nice Meg :)

    ReplyDelete