"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Thursday, February 3, 2011

snow

the blizzard.
As silly as it sounds, I LOVE this weather...the snow, the couped-up-in-the-house-for-days thing...I love it. In the past 4 years, blizzards have brought the Doke family happy memories and cherished times we'll never forget!

Ice Storm of 2007: Emma Rose came into the world. We drove to the hospital at 3am in the ice and snow, going about 15 miles an hour. I snuggled her tiny body in the hospital room for days, watching the snow fall.

Blizzard of 2010: A few days prior to the snow my nurse had called to say we weren't pregnant nor had I even ovulated, the medicine hadn't worked. Lots of tears. The snow was so bright during the day, it would reveal a POSITIVE test to let us know a baby would be here soon! We played all day in our pajamas, made snow angels outside, drank hot cocoa and thanked the Lord for His gift of another child.

Snow Storm 2011: Chris had a day off, we have been playing, Play Doh "baking", cuddling, watching movies, and having so much fun together!

my lovies all bundled up to take Emma to school...
(thanks Uncle Rod for the hat!)
lots of pink and purple :)
************
we are grateful for a full pantry and refrigerator, warm clothes, a safe and warm home. snow days aren't fun for everyone...we are so thankful.
stay safe & warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment