"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Special Delivery

The girls received a special delivery this afternoon, with love, from Muka (my mom).
I love getting any sort of mail from my mom, even if it's not for me.
It reminds me of summer camp as a kid, she would mail me cards for every day of the week I was gone.
It reminds me of the sweet notes she put in my lunch until I was well past the notes-in-the-lunch phase...not to her I wasn't.

She loves my girls so well, so intentionally. Today's delivery brought adorable, delicate hair clips and tenderly sweet cards, each with their names written on them.

Ali Beth
Sophie Lynn
Emma Rose
"Thanks Muka!"
************
Isn't it the little things that bring so much joy and remembrance? I love thinking about the things that remind me of my mom...
Beautiful perfume by Estee Lauder
bubble baths
omelets and french toast
cozy pajama pants
Hallmark cards
a turned down bed at night
antiques
***
Love you mom, thanks for the special delivery. I loved it too!

1 comment:

  1. Good, Megan, because about 30 years I got a very special delivery in my life that has brought me joy, laughter, tears and now, granddaughters. I love you and your wonderful family with all my heart for all my life. Mom aka Muka

    ReplyDelete