"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Saturday, February 5, 2011

stubborn {Sophie Lynn}

stubborn: Webster defines as unyielding and obstinate.
she's really stubborn.
I've heard this of the second born child, "they're stubborn, fiery, give you a run for your money..."
my Sophie Lynn is all of those things and more...
and we love her!
but today's display of stubborn, heels-dug-in, was quite impressive. it wasn't accompanied by a fit, yelling, disobedience, kicking, or anything unpleasant. just pure stubbornness.
Danny Silk (Loving Your Kids on Purpose) tells a story of one of his children going outside in shorts and letting the natural consequence being bitterly cold and freezing do the teaching. I'm all for natural consequences but today's temperatures combined with the fact that she's 2 years old didn't seem like the right time.
so...
me: Boo, you need to let mommy put your boots on.
sophie: no. (quietly, sweetly)
me: would you like to put them on yourself?
sophie: no.
me: okay, well you're welcome to go outside as soon as your boots are on your feet. (smile)
sophie: no.

she stood at the back door for 25 minutes and watched Emma play without saying a word.
stubborn little Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment