"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tetris

Life is a Game of Tetris...or so it seems to me.
In this season, the day to day is efficiently or messily fitting in, squeezing in, fishing out, eliminating, adding, and coordinating any and everything. I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.
I'll let you in on a secret...I love it! I'm like any other normal person, I have my not so pretty moments. Like a day of errands, school, nursing a baby, meals...that all come to a halt when the back of my car meets the tree in the parking lot, and the tree wins.
Not a fun moment. The cramming and fitting in of the day caught up with me.
For the most part, I am learning to find joy in the messes and mishaps. There was a time I didn't, and not that I don't love to see rows in my freshly vacuumed carpet and smell the Pine Sol in the bathroom...I do. I'm learning in this lovely game of Tetris to embrace the mass piles all over the house, the car, the constant spills and uh oh's the day brings with 3 little ones.

I have developed some secret loves as I play this game...
I love looking down and seeing a smidgen of peanut butter on my pants...it means little hands have wanted a touch or needed me to be near.
I love that my closet will never be organized because my girls love to play in my shoes while they watch me put on make up.
I love finding their stashed toys in funny places after they've gone to bed.
I love the bright pink toothpaste left in the sink.
I love being on a date wearing a nice coat and finding a pacifier in the pocket.
...I find joy in this daily game, to find new ways to tell them just how much they are loved, to see how many books I can read while nursing a baby, to see if you really need to measure ingredients for cookies.
I am learning what pieces should fit and which ones shouldn't...


...at least not today.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this post! Megan you are truly blessed, not only to be a mother raising these wonderful children, but to enjoy the journey and find the secret loves as you go along. Believe me, with you approaching the big 3-0 [and your brother the 4-0] I can tell you, it flies by!! Love you honey. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Megan! We are right there with you trying to enjoy all the messes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. You are such a great momma and blogger. I will think if this post often in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete