"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wonderful

Today was like any other ordinary day. Beginning the day in the dark, in the quiet. A silent alarm, a little reading, a quick shower, the rumbling of the coffee pot. The stirring of little ones. Asking myself a few times "Are they up yet?" Then sure enough, one by one, the little girls trickle out of their rooms and into the house. We can't wait to pick up the tiniest one out of her crib.
"Good morning mommy!" Oh how I love this.
We're off!
Breakfast, dressed little bodies, hair barrettes, sippy cups filled, diaper bag packed, car seats buckled.
Hello Day, here we come!
The morning...it's wonderfully full.

Playing with friends, giggling, sliding, biking. Let the fun begin!

She loves watching her sisters play. The north wind kept her inside today...but not tomorrow!
She'll be out there before I know it. I'll watch her play, slide, giggle...and it will be wonderful.
...but not just yet.
A little nap in her cozy place. Sweet dreams little bunny.

The focus of the kitchen, with loads of anticipation...when will we get to bake these Mommy?
Soon, very soon!
I'll let you in on a secret...mommy is just as excited!
A mess will be made, lots of dough won't make it to the cookie sheet, and then, we'll enjoy our warm, wonderfully cooked-with-love cookies.
How was your day? It was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment