"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Celebration

Chris' birthday is today...let the celebration begin!

To start, little hands made a tasty breakfast of scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon.  They also made toast and mommy poured the coffee.  What better place to indulge in breakfast than in bed!



For gifts, the girls and I made these sweet handprint circles.  A bag of flour, can of salt, and some food coloring, and you've got yourself a precious keepsake with precious little handprints.  I love anything with their handprints, it's usually an automatic cry on the spot!
The Doke bakery was open and whipped up a birthday cake with substitution of coffee instead of water in the batter.  Delicious.
Date to dinner at one of our favorite spots, Tarahumaras.  Where else can you eat your body weight in tortillas and queso before your meal even arrives?

Surprise!  We love Braum's, I mean love it.  I remember the day my brother Rod let me in on the secret that you can customize your banana split...what?!?!?  Anyways, some friends helped me surprise Chris and enjoy some tasty cold treats.  We love our friends even more than customized sundaes!
Babe, you are cherished and loved by all of your girls.
I remember the night I met you, I remember kicking myself for not wearing make up or taking 5 seconds to wear something cute.  I remember the day you asked me to marry you and I said yes a hundred times and couldn't wait for forever to begin.  I remember jumping up and down when the words I know pronounce you man and wife were spoken.  I remember your face each time we heard It's a girl! and your sweet face bursting with unexplainable joy when you saw each of their faces for the first time.
You're just plain dreamy to me.  You're perfect for me.  You're perfect for this house of princesses looking to you as their prince...I think you hear prince just as much as daddy these days!
Happy birthday babe!  You are oh so perfect for us and we love everything about you!  Today we gratefully celebrate you!


No comments:

Post a Comment