"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Monday, March 14, 2011

Nothing

I was giving my Ali Beth a bath in the bathroom sink as I've done many times. I had the bubble bath within reach, running water temperature just right, and a happy baby girl fidgeting as she waited for one of her favorite things, a bath. I was holding her head in my left hand, her feet were kicking on the right side of the sink. Hot water knob on the left, cold water knob on the right. I had just lathered her up when she gasped in and let out the loudest scream and cry, her face turned red and she could hardly take in a breath. I immediately looked at the knobs, she had completely kicked to turn off the cold water, only scalding hot water was pouring onto her tiny body and was beginning to fill the sink. I pulled her from the sink and held her, crying to Chris who was behind me bathing the older girls...I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do! In a few short seconds I searched my brain and experience helplessly like sifting through pages in a book...uh, wasp stings...no...heat burns, apply cold water, no clothing on skin...does that apply here? I was blank. So I switched the hot water off and poured cold water onto her body and waited. Waited for her to stop crying. Waited to see what was sure to come. Logic says blisters will come, redness will appear, swelling will occur or even worse. I waited to see what would happen to her sweet, new skin. I was certain it would come.
Nothing.
Nothing? I thought, I must not be looking at the right areas on her back and legs. Because I just knew there had to be something.
I skipped the lotion and waited to put on her jammies and kept looking. Nothing.
I felt the Lord saying to me She's fine. Trust Me. I struggled to believe Him and checked her again the very next morning...nothing. Not one sign anywhere on her precious body that scalding water had once been there.
I'll be honest and say I've been Googling like the Mad Hatter Rabbit to add to my catalog of here's what to do's and I may skip the sink bathing for awhile. More than that, I've been thanking Him over and over. I could have known exactly what to do but that would not have protected or kept my Bunny from being hurt.
He protected her. He can be trusted with my precious ones. My heart is overflowing with gratitude and joy today because logic says one thing, but My Father says it's nothing.

Jeremiah 32:17...Almighty Lord, You made the heaven and earth by Your great strength and powerful arm. Nothing is too hard for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment