"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Learning Along the Way

For me, as a wife and mommy, there are lessons of the heart and lessons of the home to be learned daily.  The latter has brought me laughter and thoughts of Does anyone else do this?  Does anyone else grab scissors and trim the carpet when they can't get a stain out?  How about spit shining your kitchen before company arrives?  Spot mopping the floor with a baby wipe?  The list continues.
Since having 3 little ones, my standard of clean has changed quite a bit...in fact, I'd say most standards of the house have shifted down on the important pole.  There's a balance to be found and some days the balance changes.
And I'm learning.
Today, I had the sweetest helper.  She watches my every move.  As I vacuumed, she stayed right by my side with her vacuum.  She mirrored me into each room of the house, laying her own stripes in the carpet.  I laughed, smiled, and kept the tears from falling.  I'm learning my favorite place is by my girl.

{Sophie Lynn loves to get a close to the camera as possible...case and point.}
Then there's this one.  Currently, she is learning life without the pacifier.  She's loved the paci since the day she was born.  Ali Beth is learning to sleep through Sophie's withdrawals of the beloved pacifier.

She's learning how to put her clothes together...Emma style.  As long as it's weather appropriate, it's a go.  Today's attire...pretty cute if you ask me!

Ali Beth is learning how to sit up and fly...

I'm certain whatever lessons the are to be learned, there is joy to be found, memories to be made, and sweet little ones to kiss along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment