"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Right Now

It's spring time, the daffodils have bloomed, tulips are budding, and the irises are on their way.  In this season of motherhood, my heart is bursting with joy.  Right now, I want time to slow down and even stand still because I don't want to miss a thing, not one second of their little blooming worlds.
 Alice, right now, you're my cuddle bunny, a professional nuzzler.  You carefully finds your favorite places to burrow in and take a nap on mommy.  You find your perfect groove and drift off into sweet sleep wrapped up in love.   

Emma, right now, you are a hundred miles an hour, on the go, ready for anything.  Your specificity and craving for templates is the perfect combination of first born and little girl wanting to take charge.  You are sweet and don't know a stranger.

Sophie, right now, you are the perfect balance of tenderness and fire.  You know what you want and are learning anything is possible.  You crave independence and flourish when it is granted.  You are a delight.

The right nows of today are filling my heart full to the brim with joy.  Any mommy knows motherhood isn't all roses.  It's messy and it's dirty.  But in between the tantrums and refining moments, are the right nows.  And right now, she's growing up faster than I'm ready for and I want to bottle up her sunshine, her laughter, her tender voice, and savor every part.  
She's 4 and seemingly ready to fly and be in the middle of everything.  
She's 2 and is coming into her own little girl self.
She's 6 months and she is strong and tender all at once. 
Right now and forever, I am a mommy entrusted with the most sacred gifts, the very gifts He said let them come unto Me and said to imitate their approach and posture.
Right now and forever, I am in love with these budding treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment