"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Secrets of a Mommy

I was thinking about all the little things I do or don't do as a mommy...secrets you would only know about if you were a fly on the wall at our house.
My Top 10 Secrets...

10.  Sometimes the second all 3 girls are down for a nap, I literally run throughout the house accomplishing tasks.  As if my running actually shaves off time...seriously, if you peeked in my windows, you would see me running!
9.  I totally eat my lunch and then the leftovers of the girls' lunches. You can never have too many goldfish or cheese sticks.
8.  Chris calls me 8-10 times a day...I don't always get to answer, and it may be a 30 second conversation, but I love it.
7.  I will totally sit in the parking spot at Sonic and wait 5 minutes, 10 minutes...whatever it takes to get the happy hour price.  
6.  Sophie cracks eggs like you would imagine The Hulk would...and I don't always fish out the shells.  Sorry folks!
5.  I love naps, preferably with one of my girls.  Love the cold sheets, ceiling fan humming, closed curtains, phone on silent, and a nice long nap.
4.  If I can find a way to incorporate peanut butter in everything, I do...(oatmeal, brownies, granola bars, cookies).  I'm certain it's the best food ever!
3.  I love to play with my kids but even more love watching them play, trying to figure out what they're thinking, watching their imaginations come alive.
2.  I love, love, love the newborn phase and wish my Bunny would slow down and not grow so fast into a baby wanting to keep up with her sissies. 
1.  I smell my clothes before they are classified as "dirty".  There may be a stain but if it's not too noticeable and doesn't smell, it's back on the hanger for you!

*****************
Some days I feel I fit the cliche' of a stay-at-home mom...I always have spit up on my shoulder, pacifiers and barrettes in my pockets, a car floor full of goldfish crumbs and crayons, and my idea of fun would be a night of Taco Bueno, followed by renting a movie and going to bed at 8pm.  I wish that when I lost my temper or didn't have kind hands someone would make me go to my room and take a nap or come out when I was ready.  
I'm able to laugh when the comments are made what do you do all day long and implications that being home with little ones isn't using my education or really any work at all.
I smile.  It's way beyond that.  I am raising world changers.  I am wiping noses and in the same breath believing God that any victory I ever have, my girls will automatically walk in that freedom.  No quest of perfection but instead to show my girls how much I am in love with them and want them to marinate in the truth that they are valuable and adored.  

My secret is...I am living my dream.  


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been out of the technology loop for a few days, but i'm back and this post is a keeper! Sweet Meg's top 10 :) i love it. i love it. i LOVE IT!

    can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete