"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Venturing Out

I'll admit that venturing out with 3 little ones in just that, venturing.  It's risky, testing of the human wills, and requires one brave momma.  Venturing...sometimes it's just plain necessary.  We must get groceries because I find myself standing in the kitchen with peanut butter, tortillas, blueberries, and a left over tub of guacamole convincing myself I can make a meal out of this.  Sometimes we get out because we're running our biggest girl to and from school and other fun activities.  Sometimes we head out because there is fun awaiting us and we must partake!
This past week was spring break (a.k.a. no school or any other commitments), we so enjoyed drinking in the mornings of nowhere to be, playing in our jammies, and enjoying cup after cup of coffee while snuggling my Bunny.
But we did venture out a little bit...

 We met our friends Shannon and Sulley and Jenny, Keaton, and Nolan at the Library for an Insect Exhibit.  Emma, all over it!  Sophie, not so much.
My Bear held insects and even happily met the challenge of eating an insect...eating.  Sophie was delightfully content to read her Cinderella book and wander around singing to herself.


And on the way home, we just had to stop and eat some donuts in the middle of the day...because we couldn't resist and just needed to make sure the chocolate and sprinkles were still deliciously divine...and they were.  My girls, I'm not gonna lie, they can put some donuts away.  It's impressive even for me.  
{Sophie's bruise from the door frame is healing oh so nicely.}

We do love our adventures out and even though it is much work, planning, and finagling, we go and do.  Sometimes it's a complete success like today, other times I want to join my littles in the Oscar-worthy-fit-throwing-crying-performance because it's not at all going the way I had planned and I want to click my heels together and be home.

Even then, there's no other 3 little ones I'd rather venture with.



No comments:

Post a Comment