"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Abracadabra!

Magicians live in my house.  They're little, but don't let their age or size fool you.  They're quite capable, powerful, and fast.  Their creativity and impulsiveness allows them to make any space into a perfect stage for impeccable destructiveness performances.
A newly discovered mud zone in the backyard yielded a tub of suds to pay the toll to enter the house.
They know exactly when I've retreated to the bathroom and they appear in a flash, ready for supreme invasive tricks.
Their heightened senses alert them once I have even attempted to make a phone call and they can rapidly increase their volume and decrease their ability to get along with their fellow magicians.
Once the house is cleaned, and I mean actual cleaning products are used, within minutes they can quickly transform vacuum lines and the shine of Pledge back into crumb piles and fingerprints.
Before your very eyes, they can dumps all sorts of colors and textures on a once clean outfit and may even manage to smear it all over the kitchen, before 8am.

Magicians live in my house.  They are cuddly, lovely, creative, and can perform magic tricks at the drop of a hat.  They occupy houses, cars, backyards, and even the tiniest places like a closet or an office.  
They're everywhere.
My irises were once growing beautifully in the backyard until suddenly, my oldest magically made them into a bouquet.

And their magic will one day disappear as they move onto other stages, their own.  
Meanwhile, they take "abracadabra!" to a whole new level and leave David Copperfield in the dust.  
Well done my little magicians.

1 comment:

  1. the fact that i adore you, Chris and your sweet girls, i mean magicians, aside. you, my friend, are becoming an incredible writer in this blog world! i cannot help but be filled with joy with every post. i admire, cherish and love the way YOU LOVE.

    ReplyDelete