"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Friday, April 1, 2011

Blush & Bashful Mama

"My colors are blush and bashful Mama...That sanctuary looks like it's been hosed down with Pepto Bismol.  I like pink, pink is my signature color." ~Steel Magnolias

Today it occurred to me that a great deal of our house and items are in fact pink.  And on this particular morning, the beauty shop scene from Steel Magnolias was running through my head.

{http://simplemom.net/ has great ideas for organizing...in our case, organizing the pink in Ali's and Sophie's closet}
Even the sink is pink!

  Which leads me to another thought...trivia on Meg Doke: in college I memorized and could reinact the entire scene by M'Lynn (Sally Field) near the end in the funeral scene...tears and all, in hopes of auditioning for the production on campus.  But I didn't.  So if you're ever in the mood for a dramatic performance, just give me a ring.
Can I say this is my favorite space and time of day with my littles.  Late morning, the sun streams in so bright, and she kicks, and giggles and stares...
Pink jammies, on a pink blanket...and I am tickled pink with joy and laughter, because I just can't get enough of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment