"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend

Easter is...

Little hearts sharing...
Emma Rose: "These guys, they didn't like Jesus.  They took Him and beat Him.  Then they put Him on a cross...mommy, He was all alone.  He was put on the cross for our sins so we can live happily ever after with Him!  Then He rose again!  He lives forever and ever and ever!"  Sophie Lynn chimed in with a few chirps of  "Jesus!", "the cross", and "not kind!" (referring to the men who nailed Jesus on the cross.)
This happens to be my new favorite version of the Easter story.
My girl, proudly showing me her fearlessness on the rope swing at school.




Planting an Easter garden...
To let my lovelies use their hands and eyes to see He has risen!  We put His wrapped body in the tomb (pink and purple clay) and come Easter Sunday, we will go back to the tomb and see He is alive!
Our little Bunny's first celebration...
Complete with giving her first kisses.  There is nothing sweeter.  This weekend, she napped on my chest to reduce her reflux discomfort.  I happily laid still and watched the wind blow the freshly cut grass into the air, along with my to-do lists and projects for the afternoon.
And my little heart skipped a beat.  Pure joy.
She had some cuddles for her daddy too.
Egg Hunts...
In quest of colored eggs, filled with treats, alongside sweet company.


Sunday brunch...
Of rich french toast soaked in eggs, cream, vanilla, orange zest, and cinnamon.  Topped with the sweetness of warm syrup, dusted with powdered sugar.  With eggs, sausage and savory cheddar and a side of fresh hash browns.
Preceded by the much anticipated discovery that our garden tomb was in fact empty!
And they danced with joy!
Indeed little ones, He is risen! 

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment