"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Friday, April 1, 2011

Salsa

Salsa.
The Doke's can put away some serious amounts of salsa.  In fact, it was the first present I gave to Chris, homemade salsa.  Emma would eat it with a spoon as a toddler.
Behold, the first batch of salsa this year.  There will be many batches to come.  Batches that are scooped up on chips, cover grilled chicken, garnish black bean dip...the possibilities are endless.  This batch is extra special because it was made by little hands.
Ingredients:
3 tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1 onion
1/2 bushel cilantro
green pepper (as much/as little as you like)
1-2 tbl lime juice
salt & pepper

I roughly chop everything and then let my littles put it in the food processor (a.k.a. my best friend).  They love pulsing and watching the veggies magically transform into salsa.  

Entertainment.  Check.  Fresh salsa.  Check.  Watching their love of cooking increase.  Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment