"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

This is How We Roll

I was just returning a quick email, no time for capitalizing or complete sentences.  I could feel Alice's drool creeping down my arm as she cooed and blew raspberries.  Chris passed through the kitchen with "Uh, really?  Typing with just your left hand, huh?"  
I smile.  Babe, this is how we roll.  
I can bake you a cake, vacuum a house, settle an argument, clean out a refrigerator...with a baby in my arms.  I speak for all mommies when I say things get done, it just looks differently these days.  
A tasty one-armed task: tortilla soup.  The strong, north wind gave me the green light for just one more pot.  Delightful with corn tortillas perfect for dipping.
 Recipe:
5 cups chicken broth
chicken (chopped or shredded, I use a rotisserie chicken)
1 can of each: black beans, corn, green chilies, diced tomatoes
2 tbl cilantro (chopped)
2 green onions (chopped)
lime juice
salt/pepper
It's one of those soups even guys will like.  I promise.  My meat and potatoes man actually likes this soup and even offers a few Mmm's as he slurps.
Speaking of cooking...
My Sophie Lynn.  She's a busy one.  Lining up ingredients for baking a cake while clutching coffee with a sweet one in her arms.  Hmmm...wonder where she sees that?
This is how we roll.  Mama changes clothes 3 times because Bunny's burp erupted into a bit more.  Little one picks herself up off the floor from an ear-piercing tantrum to receive some much needed hugs and kisses because she wasn't seen or heard...enough.  My tired girl struggles through the day to keep it together reaping the choice to not go to sleep at bed time.  The laundry hasn't made it to the closets.  The right hand is achy because there were too many left-handed tasks completed.
We laugh.  We cry.  We hug and ask for forgiveness.  We are reminded daily, hourly, His grace is sufficient and His yolk is easy and His burden light.  He is near and able.
We receive and soak in His unconditional love and affection...this is how we roll.

3 comments:

  1. I feel ya, lady!! I have the one armed chores down too! It's not ideal, but we adapt!

    And yes! Thank goodness for God's grace :)
    Happy Tuesday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe- I always love that you post from your kitchen!!! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete