"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Thursday, April 14, 2011

This & That

This. 
This post is one of those mundane collections of the every day things.  Even though they lack excitement or scenery, I want to remember them.
Ah the tubs.
The beauty of having all girls is the clothes get passed down...and the tubs are over taking our closets.
I tried the vacuum bags, they look awesome on the commercial, but for some reason don't last very long at our house.  And I'm okay with my growing collection of tubs.
Bribery.
I'm not one for bribing my little ones for the daily expectations of obedience and compliance.  But when it comes to potty training, I ooze with bribery.  It's like I'll bake you a cake, while standing on my head juggling small cows if you will please just pee on the potty.
I took Sophie to the Hostess cakes section at the grocery store and said "Pick out whatever you want!" and I wish you could have seen her my-mother-has-completely-lost-her-mind face.  It was priceless.
On to the Toy Story Potty Party.  Day 1 was successful.  We just may have a lot of explaining to do at her next dentist appointment.
Cowgirl.
Emma had a hay ride field trip today at school.  How do you get a princess to channel her inner cowgirl?  You add some pink and a few curls.  Viola!  Or should I say giddy up!
That.
Now for some not so mundane news.  We saw our pediatrician for a re-check on a growing (non-cancerous) mass on Ali Beth's eyebrow.  In 2 months, it had doubled in size and was very irritated.  So he scheduled an appointment with a plastic surgeon at Children's and an appointment with a dermatologist.  
That was not what the mama wanted to hear.  We prayed for Alice to be healed...and that is exactly what happened!  2 days later, the mass ruptured (sorry for you squeamish folks) and I called the doctor and learned this was in fact good news!  He cancelled all of our appointments, placed her on antibiotics and some other regimens, and it's already healing!
Now that is what I'm talkin' about!  He is so good!

And we celebrated His goodness with some extra lovin' and cuddles with the baby sister.
Chris will ask me how my day was.  I usually respond with Oh, just this and that.  I have a feeling some day I'll be in a quiet house, my babies will be grown and gone.  And the thing that will make me laugh, and maybe cry, are the this' and that's from many years ago.  
And I'll smile and thank God for the blessings...of today.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a successful potty day Sophie Lynn! We're proud of you baby girl and your lovely ma-ma :)

    ReplyDelete