"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Friday, May 13, 2011

Many Layers

It's all about the layers.  The more layers the better.  Stacking lasagna, dressing my littles, making a pie, piling on accessories.  
It's fuller, prettier, and just better.  



Moments where I peel off the layer of at-home-mama and embrace the underneath one of friend, to enjoy a rare dinner out with a life long friend.
She's a wonderful treasure.  And my time with her peels off another layer into sister.  That shares every piece of my heart because she's my sister.

How my littlest one shows me her never ending layers of sweetness in the midst of a season of tests, appointments, and exams to search for answers to her tummy problems.  And it forces me to trust in Him and press into His promises even deeper.  Meanwhile, I enjoy our slow dance swaying and her naps on my shoulders.
Today I only want what He has for me.  Whatever it is, I want it.  I want to taste and see He is good and savor it, one layer at a time.

Taking a cream pie recipe and layering it with all the goodness we love.  Get the recipe here and dream away, make it yours.  Our layers: graham cracker crust, chocolate pudding, peanut butter cups diced, peanut butter cream, fresh whipped cream topped with crushed candy bars.

Some days bring heaps of color and life from multiple calendar schedules.  Other days the choices are more simple, a load of laundry here.  A walk to the park there.  Watching the play and listening to the giggles, while the mamas sip coffee well into the evening.
Watching her burst with excitement as we wait in line at school in the morning.  She has her own layers to drink in for the day.  
And she soaks up every last drop.
Enjoying the many layers that make up this life, this day, this moment.  Trusting Him for the ones that seem too big to handle and knowing He carries them for me.

One layer at a time.  

2 comments:

  1. Love you sweet Megan and loved our dinner together! Praying for good news for little Alice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this--praying for sweet Alice and can't wait for our double this Wed! :)

    ReplyDelete