"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Monday, May 16, 2011

White Flag

Today has been an hour by hour day.  One layer at a time.  Every mama knows these kind of days.
It was a day of walking my bunny in the kitchen because nothing is staying down and the kitchen floor is more forgiving than the carpet.  Her tummy hurts today.
My white flag has been raised.  
This captain isn't going down with the ship though.  Instead, a hopeful surrender to the One who promises His yolk is easy and His burden is light.  Steady now.  Steady.
she was so proud of her gift for me...and I loved it.  Just what I needed.
While she is resting, the other babies need their mama too.  They are showing me grace in a way I never thought possible from little ones.
And they know...
The Doke kitchen will still be open and dishin' up smells that taste even better.
Today's smell-your-house-with-goodness recipe:
Banana Apple Spice Bread
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 teas. baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup Crisco (because anything good has Crisco in it!)
2 ripe bananas
1 apple peeled, grated
1 teas. cinnamon
1 teas. all spice
- grease a loaf pan, mix and bake @ 350 for an hour.

They know we are proud of her, our Toni.  How He has plans for her, sweet plans ahead.
OU graduation
celebration of obedience, Classic 50's milkshakes

My babies know our time together is special, savored and sweet.
kindness at the Farmer's Market
This week's horizon, a stomach scan at Children's and appointment with a pediatric plastic surgeon for the returned mass on her eyebrow.  He has her in His hands, this I know.
And when I send up my white flag in desperation, tiredness, and being ever so stretched, I know He hears me and comes to my rescue.  
By His grace alone, this ship is fully sustained and steady.  

No comments:

Post a Comment