"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Alice Growth Update

If I were a cheerleader again, I'd crank out some pom poms and back flips to tell you...
Alice has gained weight just in 24 hours!!!  Yesterday she was 14.3 and now she's 15.4!
And the good news continues.  Many of you have asked about last night, it went great.  She went down at 9pm, our nurse woke her up for vitals, meds, etc. at 12am, 4am, 6:30am.  All 3 times she went right back to sleep.  This morning she was in a lot of pain and they gave her Morphine, which she responded well to.  Her pain is fine now.  Fever has completely gone down too.
From here, she has to sustain this weight gain for 2-3 days before they will consider releasing her.  She is responding well to the feeding tube, I.V.s, and monitors.  She sleeps with 3 tubes attached/in her body...and she doesn't protest at all.
She's taking unexplainable joy to a whole new level.  I can't wait for her to laugh again.
Soon my sweet bunny.
 We've had lots of visitors, including her sisters.  She is one loved little bunny.

This afternoon, we are rejoicing for the good news of growth.  We are believing for more and for the growth to be sustained.  Her linen and pajamas were wet with vomit this morning but it has decreased throughout the day.  It's been hours now since she's even spit up.  This is amazing!
We are so loved...thank you for all of the phone calls, texts, flowers, cookies, meals, helping with our kids.  Thanks for loving our Ali the way we do.

from Abbey...
Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in Him, for He shields him all day long, and the one the LORD loves rests between His shoulders.  Deuteronomy 33:12

5 comments:

  1. I just started laughing!!!! This is incredible!! Our God is so big. :)
    Love the updates....keep em coming. We had a crew in our kitchen today praying for your sweet one. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO!!! Thank you Jesus!!! CANNOT wait to see this girl keep gaining weight!!! Before I'd even read your post I thought her little cheekers looked chubbier in the photos ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Such wonderful and joyous news! I love your sweet family and am so thankful for what the Lord is doing in your sweet little one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! Love you Dokes and thinking of you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for good report! Praying for your sweet little one!

    ReplyDelete