"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Alice Update

Butter has made it to the list of remedies.  I'll explain.
We met with our GI today.  Bunny is growing, up to 16.3 pounds.  Alice's tube has been out for 2 days, since she pulled it out and she had a small amount of blood on the tube.
Dr. Steele said we have a one week of bottle feeding Alice every hour plus adding butter, avocado, or cream cheese to her baby food, to make it a higher calorie diet.  Yep, butter.
So total, Alice will have 12 bottle feeds a day.
She will check Alice's weight next Thursday and if she has gained one ounce a day, then we will be completely done with the feeding tube.
If she hasn't, then we'll have to put the tube back in for 20 hours a day or continue with the bottle feeds and have the tube at night.  We are grateful that we are even having this trial period because the original plan was a feeding tube for months.
Dr. Steele is still concerned Alice may have some delays from the weight loss/lack of growth.  She said time will tell but that she's still concerned.
Alice's surgeon has instructed me to watch for tumors all over her body every time I bathe her in between our monthly rechecks.

We already have the victory, we know He is a God of growth.  And He will continue this work in her to grow her, sustain her growth, and keep her body free of tumors.
Judi Hartsock got ahold of me, and that's always a good thing.  She spoke bold truth to me, saying there is no such thing as good fear.  Perfect love casts out all fear, and we have His love, then we are not to walk in fear.  That the mindset of "I'm a mom, I worry" isn't truth.
We know He has the authority and power to heal.  We are more than grateful for our doctors, they have cared so well for our Bunny.  And we know our hope and peace comes from the One who leads us beside still waters and restores our souls.  We are learning to walk in His peace in this season.
For me, that means every time I see a bump on Alice, I choose to trust in His goodness and not fear it's another tumor.
And if we're behind on a milestone, choosing peace and joy, that He holds her in His hands.
Whatever He has for us is exactly what we want and what she needs.
Until next Thursday, we'll make Paula Dean proud.  We'll start with a stick of butta.

3 comments:

  1. What a great post, Megan. Such a cute pic of
    you and your munchkin. I'm so glad she
    gets a chance to prove she doesn't need the
    feeding tube (in Jesus' Name). :) You are so
    right about the issue with moms and worry/
    fear. It's something I have to work on a lot.
    I'm believing with you that Alice will continue
    to gain wait and be tumor free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, I just love y'all so much. I'm praying for those specific needs for Alice and believing great things will happen. What an example you are to so many. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it when Momma makes the blog! :) you look extra joyful with the absence of that tube !

    ReplyDelete