"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

"For You O Lord are a shield about me, You are the glory and lifter of my head. Psalm 3:3

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Expectation {Alice Update}

We're celebrating.

And by that I mean if you stop by our house, you will see deliriousness.
The truth that butta' makes everything better is about to be taken to a whole new level.
yep, that's butter and baby food
In February, my girl started vomiting.  I thought she had a tummy bug.  After 2 weeks, I knew something wasn't right.  For a few months she tried several medications for Reflux and we cycled through all of the tricks to keep her food down.  Nothing was working and by April she had stopped growing.
May would be one of my most challenging months as a mommy, watching my baby vomit so hard it would splatter the kitchen cabinets.  Waiting patiently for test results and what the next step would be. She had quit sitting up and seemed to lose interest in playing.  
In June, my tiny fighter went into surgery for her tumor removal and stomach scope with biopsies.  From the operating room, to our room in the hospital, my girl was sweet and tender.  
4 days and we were home, gratefully. Bunny had the feeding tube for 2 weeks when she pulled it out for the last time.  We were meant to have the tube for months, not weeks.



Today's weight check with Dr. Steele ended with results that we are done with the feeding tube.  Ali needed to gain 7 ounces, she gained 8 ounces.  




Our growing-Alice-recipe (12 bottle feeds a day, butter in the baby food) will continue for the next 2 months. 
Our first family vacation to the mountains will be here soon and although we stand grateful for the tube, we will not be missing its presence.  And we will happily not be packing it in our suitcases.






There are so many things the Lord is teaching me in this season...

I have learned to war for my girls.  To war and contend with Holy Spirit inspiration that she is His royalty, His beloved.  That sickness has no place in her body.  That fear has no place in my heart.
I have learned that the surgeon's suggestion of searching her body for tumors each day is an avenue of fear in my heart, so I will be wise but will no longer be searching beyond the simple observations of applying lotion.  
I have learned my friends are world changers.  So many phone calls and conversations, declaring her healing, His peace, in boldness and truth.  
I have learned He is my authority and peace, and it's the only thing I want to cling to. 
I have learned there are layers of tenderness and compassion from my Sophie and Emma, deep layers that have surfaced into endless affection for their baby sister.
I am reminded that He makes all things new.  He can take a failure to thrive baby girl, He can take her tiny body and He can grow and restore.

Alice Elizabeth, my daughter, who I am so proud of.



May our ceiling of understanding His nearness and power become your floor, baby girl.


From an early age you will know of His healing power and restoration.  

Thousands of kisses, prayers, and embraces so that you will always know your worth and value.




In the morning Lord, You hear my voice, 
In the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.  
Psalms 5:3

Bunny, you are marked for royalty.  You are being healed by the Maker.

4 comments:

  1. megan- i LOVE this post. boomsies. love the testimony, we are celebrating over here, love the pictures, and love the Faith, Hope and Expectation you are walking in, when most people would just be exhausted and drained. powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. megan- i LOVE this post. boomsies. love the testimony, we are celebrating over here, love the pictures, and love the Faith, Hope and Expectation you are walking in, when most people would just be exhausted and drained. powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. megan- i LOVE this post. boomsies. love the testimony, we are celebrating over here, love the pictures, and love the Faith, Hope and Expectation you are walking in, when most people would just be exhausted and drained. powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet friend! Celebrating Alice and the fighter that little one is - I'm not sure I even have words for the beautiful updates coming from such a wonderful mommy. Happy Colorado!!!

    ReplyDelete